Welcome to Taku Engineering
Senior Piping Designer
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Job Title: Senior Piping Designer
Taku Engineering is actively seeking an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill a Senior Piping Designer position in our Anchorage, Alaska office. The successful candidate will apply mechanical engineering design principles to develop design projects for water and wastewater utilities, bulk fuels facilities, the oil and gas industry, and other industrial facilities throughout Alaska. Duties include the assisting in the design of mechanical systems, developing construction design deliverables (drawings, specifications, BOMs), mentoring junior designers, interacting with clients, and assisting design coordination with multiple engineering disciplines. The position requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Assist in the development of comprehensive mechanical engineering packages for industrial facilities including water and wastewater utilities, oil & gas (upstream/midstream), process systems, fuel systems, etc.
• Interpret and apply codes, procedures, standards, and specifications to accurately produce designs conforming to applicable codes and specifications
• Develop standard engineered deliverables including drawings, specifications, material take offs, budgetary estimates, etc.
• Provide construction support and inspections.
• Develop project construction cost estimates.
• Professionally interact with clients.
• Lead and mentor team members.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Associates in Engineering Technology from an accredited institution or equivalent years of design experience.
• Minimum three (3) years experience in mechanical/piping drafting and design.
• Proficiency in standard engineering design and office software (AutoCAD, MS Office, etc.).
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Cold region/Arctic engineering design experience.
• Clean driving record and able to pass a drug test.
Preferred Additional Qualifications/Skills:
• API 653 and/or API 570 certifications.
• Business development experience.
• HVAC design experience.
Dependent on workload, the schedule is based on a standard 40-hour work week in our Anchorage office. The work will require periodic travel to remote field locations and periodic overtime.
We pride ourselves on being flexible, innovative, and relaxed, while providing the highest level of engineering services possible. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient individual who is looking to work in a high energy, dynamic environment. We offer a very competitive wage and benefits package (dental, vision, life, and medical insurance with HSA), as well as a 401k retirement plan with match, professional development plans, gym membership, and a profit-sharing program. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wage is dependent on experience.
Apply today and join us at Taku Engineering