Welcome to Taku Engineering
Senior Civil Engineer
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Taku Engineering is actively seeking an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill a Senior Civil Engineer position in our Anchorage, Alaska office. The successful candidate will lead the civil engineering design of projects for water and wastewater utilities and other industrial facilities throughout Alaska. Duties include the development of standard professional civil engineering design deliverables, leading multi-discipline teams, interacting with clients, and assisting with business development activities. This is a senior level position that requires the ability to work independently without supervision with a high level of accountability.
• Independently lead concurrent multi-discipline teams.
• Develop standard engineered deliverables including drawings, specifications, calculations, testing requirements, acceptance criteria, etc.
• Develop standard civil engineering plans for industrial facilities including equipment foundations, pads, supports, anchors, stress analysis, structures, grading plans, erosion protection, water and wastewater systems, etc.
• Perform submittal reviews and approvals.
• Provide construction support and inspections.
• Develop project construction cost estimates.
• Proposal development including fee and schedule estimating.
• Professionally interact with clients.
• Lead and mentor junior team members.
• Assist with marketing and business development of Company services.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution.
• State of Alaska Professional Engineer (PE).
• 7-10 years of experience with increasing levels of responsibilities.
• Water and wastewater civil engineering experience.
• Industrial facilities civil engineering experience.
• Proficiency in standard engineering design and office software (AutoCAD, GIS, etc.).
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Arctic engineering design experience.
• Clean driving record and able to pass a drug test.
• Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
• Business development experience.
• Professional Project Management (PMP) certification.
Dependent on workload, the schedule is based on a standard 40-hour work week in our Anchorage office. The work will require periodic travel to remote field locations for short durations and periodic overtime.
We pride ourselves on being flexible, innovative, and relaxed, while providing the highest level of engineering services possible. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient, senior level engineer who is looking to work in a high energy, dynamic environment. We offer a very competitive wage and benefits package (dental, vision, life, and medical insurance with HSA), as well as a 401k retirement plan with match, professional development plans, gym membership, and a profit-sharing program. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wage is dependent on experience.
Apply today and join us at Taku Engineering