Welcome to Taku Engineering
Senior Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
Taku Engineering is actively seeking an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill a Mechanical Engineer position in our Anchorage, Alaska office. The successful candidate will lead the mechanical engineering design of projects for water and wastewater utilities and other industrial facilities throughout Alaska. Duties include the development of standard professional mechanical engineering design deliverables, leading multi-discipline teams, interacting with clients, and assisting with business development activities. The senior level position requires the ability to work independently without supervision with a high level of accountability.
• Independently lead concurrent multi-discipline teams.
• Develop standard engineered deliverables including drawings, specifications, calculations, testing requirements, acceptance criteria, etc.
• Develop comprehensive mechanical engineering packages for industrial facilities including water and wastewater utilities, oil & gas (upstream/midstream), process systems, fuel systems, etc.
• Perform submittal reviews and approvals.
• Provide construction support and inspections.
• Develop project construction cost estimates.
• Proposal development including fee and schedule estimating.
• Professionally interact with clients.
• Lead and mentor team members.
• Assist with marketing and business development of Company services.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
• State of Alaska Professional Engineer (PE).
• 5-9 years of experience with increasing levels of responsibilities for staff position.
• 10-14 years of experience with increasing levels of responsibilities for senior position.
• Proficiency in standard engineering design and office software (AutoCAD, MS Office, etc.).
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Cold region/Arctic engineering design experience.
• Clean driving record and able to pass a drug test.
Preferred Additional Qualifications/Skills:
• Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• HVAC design experience.
• API 653 and/or API 570 certifications.
• Business development experience.
• Professional Project Management (PMP) certification.
Dependent on workload, the schedule is based on a standard 40-hour work week in our Anchorage office. The work will require periodic travel to remote field locations and periodic overtime.
We pride ourselves on being flexible, innovative, and relaxed, while providing the highest level of engineering services possible. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient individual who is looking to work in a high energy, dynamic environment. We offer a very competitive wage and benefits package (dental, vision, life, and medical insurance with HSA), as well as a 401k retirement plan with match, professional development plans, gym membership, and a profit-sharing program. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wage is dependent on experience.
Apply today and join us at Taku Engineering